The one where she forgot her temple recommend

December 16, 2019

No worries though, they looked me up in the system and all was well😂 #classicsistersellickmoment

This week was so happy! Honest! We started off this week teaching one of our friends, Paul, about the Plan of Salvation. He received it all very well, but I do know he has been having a very difficult time right now. I hope and pray that the knowledge of the plan comforts him. The next day we taught the Plan AGAIN to our three, cute Sisters (Gentille, Belyse, and Grace). We showed up, prepared to show them the Christ Child and to talk about Christmas with them, but they told us about how scared they were for their little two year old brother. A few days prior to us coming, King had run into the edge of a table and fractured his skull. We both just knew we needed to show them the plan. They had SO many questions, but I know that it comforted them and helped them have hope.

Wednesday night we made it to our Relief Soceity Christmas party with Nooshin! Bless her heart, she didn't really know ANY of the Christmas songs we were all singing, but she still had fun! The ward are all so good and nice to her, it makes my heart happy.

Thursday was SO good! Ah I had no idea how much I needed to be in the temple that morning until I got there. My heart is so full of gratitude right now. For the first time in a while I just felt right at peace. It was so nice to be greeted by President and Sister McReynolds in the Celestial room. Sister McReynolds gives good hugs😊 I was also just happy in general to be with everyone, having fun, and laughing. We had a variety show, and Sister Smith and I got to do two different things! First, we needed a bit of a serious act so that everyone knew we meant business. We did a piano/flute duet of 'O Come, O Come, Emmanuel'. I think it was pretty good... Our second act was a group effort with our district. We put together a little synchronised swimming routine, and I just KNOW everyone was blown out of the water by how good it was. (Expect, due to practicing last Monday and the unexpected amount of squatting that took place, our whole district was wobbling around like pregnant women for two days😂). I'll have to find a way eventually to send it out haha. It's so nice to be around people you love and who love you back. Zone Conference is exactly what I needed.

Friday and Saturday we made it to exchanges and I just had a grand time working with  Sister McDonald. She's a good girl, and she makes me feel so loved. I learned that I need to be more bold in my street contacting. It also hit me that my testimony of Christ is way more powerful than I thought. I never feel that my words are adequate enough to describe how I feel about Him, but the Spirit testified along side me in a lesson we had, and I know that Trieu felt it. I told them about how a few days ago, I'd put up a picture of Christ right across from me at my study desk. When I look up, I see Him. Friday morning as I was reading, I looked up to Him and was met by the most loving eyes. I was filled with so much warmth in my chest, and the one thought that came into my mind was, "I love you". Truly an experience I will never forget. Knowing Christ really loves me, and getting to have that constant reminder gives me so much hope.

Sunday was a good one too. Our friend Alin came to church again! He told us that he'd gone online, found the Book of Mormon in Romanion, he'd finished all of 1 Nephi, AND one of his questions had already been answered. This man! Such a self starter! He really enjoyed church too. He messaged us telling us that he feels as if God has sent us to help guide him back to the path. SO GOOD.

Sorry this one was so long, I just had too many good things going on this last week! Also, THANK YOU for all the Birthday emails and shout outs last week!! Wow I am so thankful for it all! I'm sorry if I don't get to reply back to you, but I'll try my best to get around to you! 

Much love! Merry Christmas!

Xx- Sister Sellick 

PS- I'm learning how to say a food prayer in Chinese hahahahaha 
PPS- P-day is next week on Thursday! So don't worry when you don't see an email from me in your inbox next Monday :) 








1. My new fav pic of Christ <3
2. Fam photo with Sisters Hales & Ivie!
3. Sister Smith & I rocking the 'Neil Sweaters' (look up Neil from 'The Santa Clause' and you'll get it...)
4. We have cute hats on <3
5. SISTER WETZKER & I AGHHH
6. Sister Biggs <3 <3
7. Sister Smith & I hope you like our crowns that we got out of our Christmas Crackers (Google it... It's an English thing?? I've never seen these 'crackers' in the States before...)