Not to be dramatic or anything...

November 18, 2019

But England is getting cold. I'm wearing 2 pairs of stockings right now :') Is it as cold where you are as it is where I am? Haha let me know... Anyway, let's just get into things now😂 

This week we started teaching a WHOLE FAMILY! It makes me so happy! The best part is getting to work with the children. I absolutely LOVE asking them questions and hearing their answers. They are so honest. Questions like, "Where did we come from?" and, "Where do we go when we die?" and, "Do you believe in God?" I like hearing their perspective. The majority of them have this faith in God, and it fascinates me that at one point or a other, we all end up questioning it.

We also finally had a friend come to church! Well, almost come to church haha. Her name is Nooshin, and she got a tiny bit confused and maybe ended up at the Catholic Church down the road when our sacrament meeting had started. We searched and searched for her, discovered where she was, and got her OUT. Haha it was a funny miscommunication, but now she knows which building is ours so it won't happen again!

We went on exchanges this week too, and had interviews with President and Sister McReynolds! Ah they are absolutely the best, I feel so blessed to have them as my 'mission parents'. As Sister McReynolds and I were chatting, we got onto the topic of pride, and she shared something interesting with me that she found in Alma this last week. In the Book of Mormon we read about this 'pride cycle' ALL the time. The second the people begin to prosper in the land, they get caught up in the pride of their hearts, and turn proper rotten. Except, towards the end of Alma, they didn't. What was different about this set of people, and how did they avoid the "universal sin"? Have a look at these verses and think about it for a second:

Alma 62:49-51
   49 But notwithstanding their riches, or their strength, or their prosperity, they were not lifted up in the pride of their eyes; neither were they slow to remember the Lord their God;but they did humble themselves exceedingly before him.
   50 Yea, they did remember how great things the Lord had done for them, that he had delivered them from death, and from bonds, and from prisons, and from all manner of afflictions, and he had delivered them out of the hands of their enemies.
   51 And they did pray unto the Lord their God continually, insomuch that the Lord did bless them, according to his word, so that they did wax strong and prosper in the land.

They simply remembered The Lord, and the great things He had done for them. They prayed to Him continually. I know that is so much easier said than done, but I know that if we continually pray to remember Him, and keep that covenant we made when we were baptised, we will be able to avoid this plague that pride is. I would that you would try to do as Alma did this week when he said, "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever" (Alma 26:12). Be not proud in yourself, but be proud of your God who grants you daily breath and has given you everything. He will bless you even more as you do! I can promise you that.

Much love to the lot of you! I hope you have good week!

xx- Sister Sellick


1. My current screensaver
2. Us being COLD :')