'Lest We Forget'

November 11, 2019
Hey! Happy Remembrance Day! I hope you all have your red poppies on, because I sure do :)

The most exciting thing that happned this week was Zone Conference!! I love getting together with all the other missionaries to learn and become better. I also love when, at 9:00 pm the night before, we get a call saying I need to figure out a musical number with Sister Biggs :') haha, let's just say we tried our best. Always a good time when you get to see an old companion, I LOVE YOU SISTER BIGGS <3

In between all the hot chocolate runs, we did have a few little finding miracles, which were sweeter than any of the hot chocolates. We were on our way back into Bury (a very busy part of our area) and instead of taking a bus, I felt prompted to walk. We started walking, but stool to the path that we didn't normally take. Sister Smith was a bit skeptical, but it turned out being exactly what we needed! As we were walking I noticed a young mother up ahead, walking with her baby in a pram. Seeing as how she was the only other person we'd seen on the whole street, I knew we needed to speak with her. So I did! Guess what- she already has been reading the Book of Mormon and would really like to learn more! She told us that she feels very open-minded and is interested :) Her name is Leanne, and her baby is named Molly :)) please pray for them!

The other sweet-spot of the week was when I met Hannah. I'd hopped on a bus after having a VERY cold walk outside and said hi to the girl sitting behind me. I was trying to figure out what to say, when she asked, "Sorry, what does your name tag say?" Exactly what I needed! I know that the Spirit prompts us on who to talk to and what to say, but I also think He prompts those around us to be a bit more curious and to ask. This started the whole, "Well, I'm a missionary! Have you ever met a missionary?" conversation. Before I knew it, she'd really opened up to me and told me how low she'd been lately. It was a very tender conversation, and all I wanted to do was just hug her and make everything okay for her. When we got off the bus I did give her a tight hug and assured her that Heavenly Father loves her, and needs her here. We exchanged phone numbers, and went our separate ways. We have struggled to get in contact with her though, so I ask that you please pray for her too!

It's interesting to me the way God uses us to work His miracles and to reach out to His children. If we do loose contact with Hannah, at least Heavenly Father helped me to be in the position where I could help her feel loved for a 10 minute bus ride. The lives we touch each day are so important to me, and I just wish that everyone knew how much they are loved and needed. Tough work, but well satisfying!

Today we went to Manchester and went to the Art Gallery! So fun! 

Have the best week, and remember you are loved!

Xx- Sister Sellick