"You know this is true!"


I feel like typically I say that time is flying by, but now since I can see General Conference on our transfer calendar, time is about to SLOW down. Haha, I'm just too excited to listen to all that is being prepared for us to hear. 26 (!!) days left! In the meantime I'll just be excited about everything that's happening here in Shrewsbury, and Zone Conference.

First things first, Rebecca came to church yesterday! I always get a bit anxious bringing someone for the first time because I can't pick and choose the speakers or hymns we sing and set up the best experience for our friends. All I can do is pray that they'll be able to recognize the spirit that is there. She said she enjoyed it today, and is looking forward to coming and participating in youth activities. Rebecca mentioned again to us how she really wants her family to be sealed in the temple! Music to my ears honestly. We plan to try working with her through out the next few weeks, it just depends on her college schedule. Hopefully it's not too busy!

On Saturday I finished reading through the Book of Mormon again! I think that everytime I read it, I grow to love it even more. After reading and starting my prayer to close my personal study, I debated on whether or not I really needed to ask again if The Book of Mormon is not true, acting on the invitation extended by Moroni. I settled on that I probably should, because there was no harm in reaffirming what I already know. Before I could even finish the thought of, "is this not true," all I could think was, "You know this is true." I think at this point for me, that my foundation is so solid. There is no room for question or doubt. I then prayed that I'd been given the oppertunity to really bear testimony of the Book of Mormon that day. Luckily, Heavenly Father answered my prayer! Later that day I was asked by a young couple what really solidified my faith in Christ. I reflected back on my study from that morning and simply testified that the Book of Mormon is what has built up my faith in Christ. Without a shadow of a doubt it is His book, and I was proud to tell them! I earnestly testified of Priesthood power too, and how if it weren't for God's Power, we wouldn't have the Book of Mormon or Christ's church restored again on the earth. Honestly it felt so good to just simply testify and state what I know. I had to refrain myself from saying "I believe" and make sure I said "I know", because I couldn't forget what the Holy Ghost told me that morning. "You know this is true."

Well, there you have it! This what I felt I needed to share for this week. Not too eventful, but it was a good, happy one! Well, other than being a bit poorly over the weekend, it was a good week haha. No worries, I've just been a bit drained & achy. Nothing crazy :')

Love you all!!

xx- Sister Sellick