I've been bamboozled AGAIN!

(My new street name)
September 30, 2019

Hello to all my fans! This week was, well, just another week haha!

Started off by giving a training at District Council on being a successful missionary. It felt like it was more for me if anything. I'm thankful for those of you who emailed me last week and shared your gratitude for my work as a missionary & how it is affecting you back home! It completely flipped my view and I realized just how important it is to be a missionary, even if I am not directly seeing the fruits of my labour! 

Afterwards we had interviews with President McReynolds! This is when I discovered that I'd been bamboozled yet AGAIN! Remember when that lady way-back-when lied to us about already being a member??? Well, it's happened again, but this time, the man might have multiple personalities? Haha let me explain- okay soooooo there I was, minding my own business on September 5, when we get a call from London! They have this golden referral for us named Kadir, and he really wanted to learn more! We got all his info, called him that night, and had a conversation that went a little like this:
Me: Wait, you've already read half the Book of Mormon?
Kadir: Yes! I'm at about Ether chapter 8.
Me: Um, that's pretty much the end!
So yeah, he was golden. We tried to set up an appointment, and he asked us to call him the next day. After that, we lost contact! We did call the next day, but we lost connection. After that he sort of ignored our calls and messages. That is, up until about a week and a half ago. We called, and he answered, but was pretending like he had NO idea who we were!! So odd. Fast-forward to Tuesday, and I'm trying to think of people to invite to a baptism that was on Saturday. The Spirit prompted me to invite Kadir, and this is how this conversation went down.
Me: We should invite Kadir to the baptism!
Sister McReynolds: Kadir?
Me: ...Kadir?
Sis. McReynolds: K A D I R??
Me: Uh yeah, Kadir!! But get this, when we called him a few days ago he pretended like he didn't know us.
Sis. McReynolds: That's probably because he was Michael at the time...
Haha so after showing his picture to Sister McReynolds and confirming it was him, we learned his story. Kadir was baptized not long ago, he was even interviewed by President! He lives just a few areas over but has been traveling around the other England missions going by the name Michael and asking to learn from the missionaries there. We know 'Kadir' was baptized, but 'Michael' probably doesn't know that... he's harmless, and pretty nice, just when he's someone else he probably doesn't know what's happened to the other person. Anyway, President and Sister McReynolds were taking us to exchanges up in Newcastle, when suddenly I hear President say, "Hello? Is this Kadir?" Haha he called him right then and there in the car! They had a quick conversation, and confirmed that he wasn't living in our area. We then received instruction on what to do if he tries to meet up with us ever. Good times.

Next quick story: Saturday we were excited to be going to a baptism! We had a few people (!!) confirmed to go, and I was to play the piano at it! We finally had something to look forward too! But then everyone fell through, and we took to calling everyone we could to invite them. No luck, and we didn't go. Luckily they found a member to play, and the baptism went on! Haha, and so did life. We then had a fireside to look forward to! But then Rebecca fell through. So fun! So we got to stay in Shrewsbury and keep on smiling!

Even though we didn't get to go to the baptism, it was still a very happy event! Tammy, the girl who was baptized, was someone I'd stopped out on the street a few weeks ago. She said she really wanted to learn but knew her parents wouldn't let her. I gave her a card, because that's all I really could do! But then that night she called the Elders, and they began teaching her!! Pass-along cards bring miracles! Her picture is below :))

That's all for now!! Love you all lots!

xx-Sister Sellick