"I'm in a permanent state of exhaustion and I just don't know what to do about it!!"


Hahaha that's what Sister Bishop said to me on Friday & I died laughing. "The second I get home I'm going to slip into a coma & my family is just going to have to deal." Oh man, missions are good fun, but they are tiring! Don't worry, it's a good exhaustion haha :')

I think I really liked this last week. We had exchanges and I had a grand time with Sister Ott! I feel like I learned so much from her and I'm thankful I was given 24 hours to serve alongside her. I was really paying attention  to how she street-contacted, and after applying a few things, I've discovered that my street-contacting has really grown! It's been a lot easier to stop people and talk to them. I've never felt like it was a huge strength of mine, but I'm finding that as I've been working on it, it's gotten so much better. Especially as I've really worked at keeping a prayer in my heart and keeping my faith up as we are out and about.

Another thing that I changed this week in attempt to become more effective, was rather than stay up against the wall by our Street Display Banner, I go right in the middle of everyone. Haha, sounds silly, but it made all the difference. It's so much easier for people to avoid me when I'm off to the side. Not anymore! I figured that being off to the side meant that less people could be "placed in my path". If I really want Heavenly Father to place those who are prepared in my path, I might as well put myself in their path anyway. It reminds me of the story of the little girl and the bird catcher from "Developing the Faith to Reap". After praying she acted and wrecked the bird cage to stop the birds from getting caught instead of waiting to see what would happen. I feel like if I just wait and try to stop the few people that are rushing by, it's just not effective. Acting on my faith and standing in everyone's path, puts me in a more ready position to find those who are prepared. I had so many good conversations and it went really well! 

Oh man we were so excited for Sunday. I was almost convinced this week would go so slow because I knew Sunday was going to be so good. We had two friends confirmed to come to both church, and the fireside! Chris, and Rebecca. The week went by fast regardless, but some Sunday, Chris canceled. I still had faith in Rebecca though! I can just feel that she is so solid. We went and waited for her before church, but she wasn't answering messages or calls. We went to church, friendless. The rest of the day I just felt sort of sick. I knew we'd get in contact with Rebecca eventually, I was just nervous for exactly when. We had a dinner appointment, and then went to our flat to really try to make contact over phone (we don't have an address for her). After a few prayers, we finally made contact! Unfortunately, she couldn't come to the fireside with us anymore. Sad day, but we got to work in Shrewsbury and it was a beautiful day, so I had lots to be grateful for anyway.

TRANSFERS: drum roll please!
...
Sister Bishop & I are staying together for another 6 weeks in good ol' Shrewsbury! Hopefully by the end of these next 6 weeks, I'll be a full on Salopian. Love that for me <3

Also today I went back to one of the family estates, Ludlow Castle. Very beautiful!!!!!! I love England too bad!!!!

Love you all lots!!!!
-Sister Sellick