Everybody Loves Ken


Hello hello! As per usual, this week flew by! Haha, what's new with that?

We had to stop teaching Franklin and Diana this week. It was a little sad, but honestly I'm okay with it. After reviewing the baptismal interview questions with them, we could tell that they were very overwhelmed with everything. Franklin called us not long after and asked us to not come by anymore. We tried our best to invite them to pray and really think about it, and left them for the night. The next morning we called, and it was still the same. Don't come around anymore. I was a little put down because I'd been working so hard to help them these past few weeks, but I know that this is what's best for them. They need a bit more time, and that's okay! People take time. So, no baptism this next Saturday, but there is a reminder in the phone to try contacting them in a little while. 

On the bright side, Rebecca is great! Such a tender mercy to have had her placed in our path last week! We had a small lesson on Tuesday, and as we told her more about what we do as missionaries, she said, "Oh, so I could be doing this in a few years if I wanted to?" She later asked about houses of worship, and temples came up in the conversation. After showing her a picture of the Preston Temple, she said, "That's beautiful! I really want to go there someday." Sister Bishop and I were so happy to see that this young girl has such a desire to do good and bring good into her life. Later on Saturday evening she texted us and said that she really wants to get baptized! We're going to really try our best to follow the spirit and work with her at the pace she needs. I'm excited to be getting the young women involved in teaching her since she is a young woman. It'll be so fun to involve them in the missionary work! We have plans to invite her to come see a baptism this weekend, and to also come to the 'Why I Believe' fireside. Yay!

So about the subject line... on Friday morning we were walking into town, and I could just hear 'Falcon' singing up the street. Remember him?? He's the wild street performer that Sister Biggs and I named 'Falcon' because it just felt on brand. As we walked up Pride Hill, all I could think was, "Today is the day. I'm going to suggest that he really go by Falcon." We said hi to him, he got excited and called us the sister ministry, and then he started going off about his dog named Ken. "Everyone loves Ken ya know!!" Hahaha, sure Falcon, whatever you say. Finally I did it. Hahahaha I was trying so hard not to giggle the whole time. "Hey- I've got a ~great~ idea. I think you should rebrand yourself. Have your street name be Falcon." Bam. Seed planted. "Awwww yeah!! Like, Falcon Power! (Throws arms in the air) Falcon Play! (Plays air guitar)". We walked by him again a bit later and he yelled out to us, "Falcon Play! You two could be the Falcon sisters & we could get together & have a day of arts and crafts!!" Haha sure Falcon, whatever you say. But oh my days I can't believe I actually did it. Just thought I'd share since I thought it was funny *shrugs*

There ya have it! And update on my last week :)) send me updates on yours! I'd love to hear from you (please!)

xx- Sister Sellick