"Oh Right. Tom Selleck's Daughter."

 July 23, 2019

How is the transfer already over!? I feel like I blinked and it was gone. I guess that means it was a good one?? Sure felt like it, Sister Biggs and I just WORKED.

This week started off SO good! We dated Franklin and Diana for baptism on August 31!! It took us by surprise honestly, because we had misjudged them when we met them a few weeks ago. We'd thought we were going no where with them and that they were a bit crazy... it was a wild 'How to Begin Teaching' lesson with them. Anyway, as we taught them the gospel of Jesus Christ, Diana started saying how she just wanted to be cleansed of her sins and to be clean. That's when my favourite exchange of all time happened.
Diana: "Are you going to get baptized?"
Franklin: "Yeah."
Diana: "Oh me too."
Sister Biggs and I just looked at each other and laughed. We couldn't believe it, we hadn't even extended the invitation yet! Haha, it was the best. They came to church on Sunday and really enjoyed it. A member told us that she heard Diana say to Franklin that she felt like she really needed to be there. On top of that, when we introduced Franklin to Brother Bailey, he leaned over to me and asked, "Is that Russell M Nelson??" Haha! He was so excited because he thought he was meeting the Prophet! I was excited because he remembered the Prophet's name!

Hey soooooo who remembers the man that I wrote about a few weeks ago on my 'God Bless the USA' email? The one we respectfully refer to as Falcon?  Well, guess what, his real name is Sam!! He is just as scary up close as he is far away. We were doing a street display, and he had been "playing" the guitar across from us. He started to walk towards us, yelling something. To keep him away so that he wouldn't scare anyone away from us, Sister Biggs went over to talk to him. He's wild, but we now have a quotable line from him!! "Jospeh Smith was George Michael before George Michael became George Michael."  We've been trying to interpret this for the past few days, and honestly, we've just come to the same conclusion. He's an absolute madman. And about the subject line, when he found out my name he said that, and then told us that Sister Biggs and I are detectives, that the two elders we were with are our sidekicks, and that he'd watch that show. He is the spookiest boi.

On Friday, Sister Biggs and I were feeling a little frazzled just thinking about member missionary work. We try our best to get them involved, but we just aren't seeing as much as we'd hope to have. We were studying in Preach My Gospel chapter 13, trying to get a better idea of how we could work with the ward council, and we just felt sad. Sad because we had no idea how to address our concerns with them since we aren't given time in ward council to talk, and sad because sometimes it feels like they don't bother too much with missionary work. We headed to the Bailey's home for tea, and had a few tender mercies happen! Heavenly Father heard our prayers, and most definitely answered them. 
First, the Winwards (senior couple in the area) came to tea, and they brought Sister Biggs and me flowers!! That made us so happy, such a sweet tender mercy. 
Second, this was our one meal appointment this week, and it was quite nice, so I'd count that as a blessing. Haha, the Bailey's always have the best food! 
Third, Brother Bailey loves missionary work so much. This is such a tender mercy because, since he is over missionary work in the ward, he wants to get everyone involved, and knows exactly how to do it. He presented to us the new and improved ward mission plan that he'd been working on, and explained all the goals that would get it in motion. Sister Biggs and I were so relieved to have the reminder that we aren't on our own in the work here. Granted, we're never alone, Christ is with us, but it's nice to know that we have members that are invested in us too.

Time for the saddest news that's ever hit Shrewsbury. Sister Biggs is being transferred away from me!! I'm sticking it out for another transfer here, but she's moving away to Wales and Sister Bishop is moving in. I don't really know much about my new companion yet, so stay tuned for next week's email. Honestly I am SO sad to have to say bye to Sister Biggs. She has quickly become like a sister to me, and we have had quite the transfer together. We both feel like our time together was too short!! Alas, she is needed in Wales and I'm needed here still. I know this next transfer will be a good one though. It'll just be a bittersweet goodbye :')

That's all for now. Thanks for tuning in. See ya this time next week.

xx-Sister Sellick

Ps- happy 6 months to me TODAY!! See ya in, like, what? A year? Haha weird.

1. Our mouldy bathroom floor is airing out :')
2. Us with our fav girl Hebe <3 she calls me Sister Selly and it melts my heart!!
3. Good ol' mirror selfie
4. Us with our fav returning member, Mr. Randall