I'm Leaving Telford : (


It's true. I'm leaving Telford and heading on over to good ol' Shrewsbury. I feel absolutely gutted to be leaving all my favourite members, but so pumped to be in BEAUTIFUL Shrewsbury. Wow England is the best.

This week so many random things happened. From small children cussing us out, to Sister Ivie being so unwell we had to stay in all day. Both experiences were odd. I've never heard so many foul words come out of such little mouths before. I didn't like it. I've also never had a day fly by so fast that it felt like a dream. With Sister Ivie asleep pretty much all of Sunday, I just sort of read and ate and slept. The day was gone before I knew it. This was a good thing especially since I didn't like all the sitting idle. I've had days where I've just wanted a break, but now that I've sort of had one, I didn't like it that much. I prefer being a missionary and going out and doing.

Another experience we had this week happened at the library. We had a full afternoon ahead of us- two back-to-back lessons in the library. The library itself was quite full too, only a small table was empty at the back of the library. Two other people were back there (one was doing family history!! I was so excited to ask if she'd ever used familysearch.org before.) As far as I could tell, we were allowed to be back at that table. We'd had lessons there before, and there were no signs saying we couldn't, so we sat there. For the most part, the workers are very friendly with us. During our first lesson with Adrian, we chatted with him and had what I think was a pretty okay lesson. I can't ever tell if he's actually listening to us, he has some sort of mental handicap. Adrian left, and soon after David showed up. We started teaching David about the Plan of Happiness, and a little bit in, the workers all traded around. I noticed a woman at a desk nearby who kept eyeing us. That meant she either didn't like us, or was interested in what we were saying. I was hoping for the latter. We got as far as teaching David about judgement when the woman approached us. "This is a study area." I politely informed her that we were studying. She didn't really like that response and not so politely told us it was a SILENT study area, and that we needed to either move or leave the library. David was great about hoping up and finding a new place for us to sit. I was a little put out and embarrassed to be honest. I wasn't too excited to have had our lesson interrupted, and the Spirit driven out. What's sad about this, is that both Sister Ivie and I thought that maybe she was wanting to learn more! We also never got the opportunity to go back and speak with the woman doing family history- I wasn't willing to go back by the woman at the silent study area, because I'd be talking and not silent. Then again, there are no labels implying that it's silent, so really, I could go talk if I wanted. I just didn't want to make waves or get kicked out. That's not really what a disciple of Christ would do, huh?

That's the most exciting things to have happened this week really. The weather is absolutely all over the place. Sunny one minute, and chucking rain the next. Good times.

Here is a good question to ponder on this week: Why did Nephi take Laban's life? There are about three reasons you can find in 1 Nephi 3... let me know if you find them!
Love you all! Make good choices!
With love,
Sister Sellick